Search This Blog

Categories

Tuesday, July 7, 2015

North Beach Park and Kids Cove in Racine, WI

So after we spent an hour at the zoo, we decided to head down to the Kids Cove at the beach at North Beach Park. There are a couple parking lots down by the beach that you can park in and go to both the beach and the playground. I think this playground is a great addition to the beach. It was so much fun to play with my son. There is an area that is specifically for kids 5 and under. A couple times, we saw some older kids in there, but for the most part, it was all younger kids. The larger area is mostly unsupervised kids so if your child is in the in-between stage like mine is (age 5), you might want to keep an eye on them. We probably spent about 45 minutes at this playground. It was fun and a nice little break.

Then we headed to the beach. I was pleasantly surprised by everything this beach had to offer. There is a little concession stand (which we didn't buy anything from so I don't have much imput to add on that). There was a little area with hammocks over the sand. I love the beach, but I hate walking in sand. It makes my calves burn. So I was so happy when I saw that there was a plastic woven walkway down to the water. It was wonderful. The water itself was very cold, but not so much so that we couldn't wade in and splash around. I saw plenty of people further out than us. The beach seemed clean and there were lifeguards on duty while we were there.

Overall, I would definitely say to visit this beach while you're in the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.