Search This Blog

Categories

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Anderson Japanese Gardens in Rockford, IL

318 Spring Creek Rd
Rockford, IL 61107
(815) 229-9390
website

May 1st - October 31st the hours are:
Monday-Friday: 9am-6pm
Saturday & Sunday: 9am-5pm

Admission: $8/adult; $7/senior (62+); $6/child; free/children under 5; free/Garden Members

When you enter, head the desk to your right to pay and get your map. I highly recommend picking up some fish food while you're there (especially if you have kids with you). Trust me, you'll use it! In fact, think about getting a couple bags.
I should also point out that the restaurant is also located in this building. It just opened and I have not tried it, but know that it's there. I believe they serve breakfast and lunch.

Follow the map around to different areas. The gardens are so beautiful. There are little hidden areas with chairs located all around. We spent only an hour or two here because the forecast showed rain. However, if you are one that enjoys peace and quiet or a little meditation time, you could spend all day here.

Please note, while this place is mostly wheelchair and stroller friendly, I would only suggest this if you absolutely need to. I wasn't sure how entertained my son would be so I brought the stroller in case he got bored. For the most part, he really liked it because there was a waterfall and all the fish. However, since I brought the stroller, for the parts that aren't so stroller friendly, like the back half of the pond strolling garden, I ended up carrying the stroller which was not particularly enjoyable.

Overall, this is a great place to visit if you're in the area! It's absolutely beautiful! Here are some photos from our visit:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.