Search This Blog

Categories

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Legoland Florida

1 Legoland Way
Winter Haven, FL 33884
(877) 350-5346
website


Once you arrive, you will find a parking place (assuming that you drove here). Take a picture of the lot area so that you remember where you parked. Nobody likes losing their car.


Your first photo op happens before you even enter Legoland. I definitely recommend taking a picture with this sign and sending it to all of your loved ones to make them completely jealous!




Before you enter, they have a sign to the right telling you what is closed during your visit. Definitely check this out so that you aren't disappointed. We found all the rides to be really fun and just enough excitement for our little guy. Miniland was very impressive! While we had an amazing day, I definitely wouldn't suggest bringing kids over 10 or 12 or kids who don't LOVE Legos here. They won't appreciate it and it will be a waste of your money. We didn't do everything and we still spent about 7 hours there!

The first thing we did was head straight to the back of the park and go to the Jr. Driving School. It's for kids 3-5 and the regular driving school is for kids 6-12. The most disappointing part about this activity is that you can only get a 'drivers license' if you go to the regular driving school and not the jr. version. I had thought about lying and saying that our son was 6 (he had just turned 5). But by the time we were done with the jr. version, there was a fairly substantial line forming at the regular one.


Then we headed over to rescue academy. This is definitely more intense for the adults or older children than it is for the smaller kids. You have to pump a handle to get the vehicle moving and race another family. Then, you pump this other thing after you get to the end and the kid aims the hose and then you get back in the vehicle and pump back to the beginning. It was not the most enjoyable experience for me, but our son seemed to like it.


Then my husband and son went to the boating school. They seemed to enjoy it. It was very cute.


Now it's time for roller coasters man! We started off with Project X! It was a great first coaster for the day. I really liked it. Now, keep in mind that I am a plus-sized person and I pretty easily fit into this one so if I can do it, you can do it.

Plus, we got this gem of a picture from it!

Then my husband and son went on Coastersaurus. It's a wooden old school coaster that my son really seemed to like.


Next is the Safari Trek. I find this to be a very serene little ride. Only one adult is allowed per car. You can have 1 child and 1 adult per car though. My son and I rode this one while my husband sat back and took pictures. There are some really cool animals that are all made out of Legos.


Then we went to Lost Kingdom Adventure. It was so much fun. You try and shoot as many things as possible and try to beat the scores of the rest of your family members.


Then we headed to Royal Joust. My son liked it. Please read the sign carefully! This is for small children that must be over the age of 3, I believe. I saw lots of people that became very upset because they read that children needed to be over 36 inches, but completely ignored the age requirement and then were sent away because their child was too young.


We ate at Castle Burger. I actually found the burgers to be above par. I really liked them.

Our next coaster was The Dragon. I was pretty excited about this one. The beginning part of the ride goes fairly slow while you go through this area that has castle related scenes made of Legos (of course). I really liked it. Then, you go to the outside part of the ride that is more like an actual coaster.


Then my son and husband went on Merlin's Challenge. It looks like this tiny little coaster that goes around in circles. It goes really fast so my son really got a thrill out of it. This ride is meant for pretty small people. Kids have to ride on the inside. And it's very tight for normal-sized adults so it's not the most comfortable thing.


There are 3 shows playing at the Fun Town Theater. My son's favorite was the Chima movie. We also saw the Clutch Powers one. Both were very entertaining. I especially love the 4D effects they have. There is also another show, but my son wasn't interested in seeing it so we skipped it.


We also rode the carousel. It was cute. My son really wanted to ride on the top level. All the horses were Lego horses, but other than that, it was the same as a normal carousel.


We rode the Island in the Sky. This was a nice time to just take in the sights and relax. It moves very slow and rotates twice while it rises high in the sky.


Then we went to Miniland USA. My biggest problem with this area is that it's out in the open with no chance of shade so it's very hot. This made it kind of unpleasant so we ended up going through it very quickly. It was still very cool and very impressive, but the last thing I want to do on a hot Florida day is stand in the sun.


Don't forget about the Star Wars section though. It's just past the Miniland area. My husband absolutely loved it! Plus, there are amazing life-sized Lego things you just have to take pictures with.


Then we headed to Chima last. This seemed like the best option because it's the only wet ride and we really didn't feel like walking around all wet all day. My son loves Chima so this was a great section that he was looking forward to all day.


Overall, our day was great! We loved going here. This was our present to our son for his 5th birthday and I think it was definitely worth the 45 minute drive from Orlando. It made a great extension to our trip. The only thing we really missed out on while we were there was the photo op with any characters. I'm pretty sure there was one with one of the Chima characters, but we never found where that was. Bummer. Oh well. Here are some other photo ops we found:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.