Search This Blog

Categories

Sunday, May 10, 2015

A cute teacher gift basket (mostly from Etsy!)

I'm only a substitute at a preschool so I've never actually received any teacher gifts. However, since my son started preschool this 2014-2015 school year, I have given a couple. Now, as I am preparing to make a couple more for the end of the year, I am looking around for a couple ideas. Now, I will not be using these for myself because I think some of these wouldn't be necessary. After all, in my son's preschool, the teachers don't even have their own desks. However, as he grows and has teachers that are in elementary school, I want to keep some of these ideas for later.

Now, before we get started, I would like to point out that I don't think teacher gifts are always necessary. I have had some terrible teachers growing up that were mean and didn't care about me as a student at all. Personally, I don't think they really needed anything. However, there are so many amazing teachers that go above and beyond when it comes to caring for their students and I think we, as parents, should recognize that and give them a little something extra. That doesn't mean that you need to spend a ton of money on gifts. Especially if your child is in junior high or high school and they have like 10 different teachers! Yikes!

And honestly, most teachers would probably appreciate just a gift card more than anything else. But that's just not my style. Sorry teachers. So this is what I've come up with.

Personally, I like gift baskets. They are my bread and butter when it comes to gift giving. For a really successful gift basket, you have to start with the vessel. This doesn't necessarily have to be a basket. It can be some kind of drink container. Or a bag. Or a crocheted basket (I sell those!). Or go to Dollar Tree and look for something. I know sometimes these can look cheap, but honestly, it's not the basket that matters. And if you think it does, then get one of the things I suggested earlier. You can find something small or large there:


Like this mason jar


or this basket


or one of these

Now, for the stuff you're going to put in there. Again, gift cards are great. Or personalized items. Or practical teacher things. Unless you know the teacher you're making this for loves a specific food item, I would leave any edibles out. Here are a couple things I've found on Etsy:


Personalized stationary like these chevron apple notepads are a great choice. They come in 3 different sizes ranging from $6-$15. Add some cute pens or pencils to make this gift even better.


I love this cute personalized desk name plate that you can get for $14.95.


So of course I had to choose something from my own shop to put in here. But seriously! How cute are these little pencils! They come in 3 different sizes and range from $10-$14

And for my personal favorite, this amazing personalized stamp. How cute is that? It costs $10.50. And trust me when I say this (because I've recently bought something from this woman's shop), from the time that you order it to the time that you receive it is very fast compared to most things you will buy on Etsy. Now add in a stamp pad and you're good to go!

Now, if you were to buy a nice basket and buy every single one of these things, it could easily cost you $100. I don't think any teacher expects you to spend that much on them unless that teacher happens to work at an exclusive private school that costs as much as college. I would only buy one or two of these things and then fill the rest with cheaper items like drink mix-ins or pencils and pens.

At the very least, I hope this helped to add some inspiration for a clever teacher's gift.

Let me know in the comments what you've given to your kids' teachers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.