Search This Blog

Categories

Sunday, February 1, 2015

Fort Lauderdale Vacation: Best Western

Best Western Plus Oceanside Inn
1180 Seabreeze Boulevard
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
(954) 525-8115

We arrived at the hotel 1 1/2 hours before check-in on Friday, October 31st, 2014. Our room was already available. That was a nice surprise. It feels like a lot of hotels aren't ready until check-in (if not later in some cases). This Best Western, while not located directly on the beach, is so close, it might as well be considered on the beach. It would be nice to have a direct access, but you don't even have to cross the street to get there.

Everyone that we spoke to on the premises was very nice and professional.

Breakfast was really good. There was a great selection even though we were there during the renovation. They had waffles, bagels, eggs, bacon, sausage, muffins, cereal, fruit, milk, juice, etc. My husband and I even made bacon, egg, and cheese bagel sandwiches. Sometimes, you just have to get creative!

The pool was nice enough. It wasn't huge, but we were the only people using it so there was more than enough space for us. There were also plenty of deck chairs, on two different levels I might add. The only downside I could see here is that they advertise a heated pool and we had to ask them to turn it on. Then, it took about a day for the pool to warm up enough for us to use it. Then, after a couple days, it was almost too warm.



The room was nice enough, but I'm pretty sure we had one of the old rooms and they're renovating everything so a review of the room wouldn't be entirely helpful. I can say that it was quite clean though.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel. Some people may complain that it's not directly on the beach, but the price is much better than the hotels that are so I say it's a win-win.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.