Search This Blog

Categories

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Divergent Series Book Review

I read all three of these books at one time. I like to do this so that I'm not left guessing and tortured by the anticipation for the next book. I did this when I read the Hunger Games, Fifty Shades of Grey, and other series as well. Here's my review.



Book Review: Divergent
Divergent is an amazing book. It's part of a trilogy. I was kept interested from beginning to end. I love how there is a love story underneath it all. It's mostly about a girl named Beatrice (or Tris, as she's later known) and her struggle with being Divergent. I'll let you learn what that is for yourself. I am really interested in all the dystopian books (like The Hunger Games). They're possible without being too real (if you know what I mean). These books are fairly long, but they're a pretty quick read. And if you're anything like me, you'll want to read the book before you see the movie.

Book Review: Insurgent (Divergent Series: Book 2)
Sometimes, with trilogy books, things tend to repeat themselves. In the Hunger Games, there was another set of games (don't get me wrong; I LOVE The Hunger Games). In the Lord of the Rings, they are constantly walking or fighting (love LOTR too). It's all important to the story, but I was happy to see in the Divergent series that there wasn't so much obvious repetitive storyline. However, I did become a little annoyed by Tris's character. She had a lot of inner turmoil and seemed very depressed. Even though Tris thought she was doing things for the greater good, I felt that she was being selfish. It's almost like she never thought about how her actions would affect Tobias (Four) or the other Divergents. With all that being said, I was still very impressed with this book. I couldn't put it down. My interest was kept the entire time, from beginning to end. There were so many times when you thought someone was on one side, and then they turned out to be a spy or traitor. If you haven't read these books, you're really missing out. Go buy them now!

Book Review: Allegient (Divergent Series: Book 3)
This isn't your typical feel-good, lovey-dovey ending kind of book. Thank goodness, right? I love a good happy ending sometimes, but it gets old and predictable. Veronica Roth is an amazing writer. The way she's been able to keep my interest through three books. Now for the downside. The book keeps switching back and forth from Tris's perspective to Tobias's. I understand why it's like that, but sometimes I would forget who was talking. It probably would have been easier to follow if the first two books had been written the same way. Some people may have only found this annoying. I however was actually confused sometimes. In the end, I still completely LOVED the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.