Search This Blog

Categories

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

How I Made My Son's Birthday Special

Two days ago, my big boy turned 4. I had agreed to help my sister out by watching her 6-month-old baby while her usual day care (her mother-in-law) was out of town for 3 weeks. Well, I had to bring my son with me since I'm a stay-at-home mom. And his birthday fell on a Monday so we were at my sister's house for the special day. I tried to make it as extraordinary as I could.

I started by making a special birthday breakfast of funfetti pancakes with a candle on top. They were seriously delicious.



We then had a special FaceTime session with Daddy. He had to stay at home so that he could go to his job. Lucky for us, he didn't work until late in the day so Owen and Daddy could spend a little time with each other virtually for his birthday. They even watched cartoons together.

For lunch, we went to Chuck E Cheese where we met my sister. We ate some pizza and Owen played games. We only stayed for about an hour (because there were so many kids there for spring break and really, that's all I can handle).



After the little guy (my nephew) took a nap, we made our way to the mall so that Owen could play in the play area. We spent about 45 minutes there.



Then, for dinner, we had what the new 4-year-old wanted. He wanted corn and broccoli. We also had some other things, but the corn and broccoli are specifically what he ordered. My other sister came over so it was like a mini party.

Then, he opened up a birthday gift that my husband and I had gotten him. It was a movie (Despicable Me 2) and a minion toy to go with it. He also had a gift from a family friend that he was able to open.

We then had some leftover birthday cake from his party on Saturday.

After that, Owen watched his movie on my laptop.



He finished off the day with a call from his dad to say Happy Birthday and good night.

I think my son was happy with how the day turned out and so was I. I didn't want my son to feel like he wasn't important. And that easily could have happened since he's a pretty independent child and I was taking care of a baby. With a little effort on my part, my little man had one great birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment. I love feedback on what I write.